Thursday, August 20, 2009

The pizza files

I know I've been away from my blogging for some time now, but now I'm back. So here it is, the first of hopefully may pizza epics!


In this one I wanted to make an old fav of mine, the "BBQ Chick'n pizza".
I started by grilling my chick Brest with only a dash or two of garlic salt(my favorite) on both sides until the juice runs clear... I like to diamond my grill marks too, even though I'll be shredding it anyway.

First off I am thrown back by all the cool stuff at my neighborhood Trader Joe's... I came out the other day with a Garlic herb pizza dough for a buck! Lets start there. using some glutin free flour so the dough won't stick to the board, I worked it into the my desired shape(rectangle). Prior to transferring it to the baking pan I lightly lubed the pan with some EVOO so I had an easier time getting it off after baking(no need if you are rich and have stone). Oh... and preheat to 375...

It's all about the sauce... Now I'm working the low carb thang and have tried this with "LC" BBQ Sauces before... not good. so I sparingly used about 1 1/2tbsp of some "Sweet baby Ray's" heaven in a bottle and with the back of a spoon just spread it around till it fully covered the dough.


The next daunting task before me was the building of mya Momma Mia pizza pie... I started with a light dusting of whole milk organic mozzarella cheese, and then... you can just go to town!

Chunky Chicken
Diced mushrooms and a pinch more cheese(scientific measurement)
I cheated and added a little more dabs of bbqSBake Baby bake! I learned from this one to rotate the pan half way through...Baby greens w/Balsamic and Dijon mustard salad along with the star of the show!I hope you enjoy this easy to make pizza and modify it as you wish. I enjoy comments and any feed back you can serve up... as always... spin big!

P.S. I'll try to hit up the Garlic a spinach pie in the future for you!

2 comments:

  1. looks good dude... i just need to find a good gluten/wheat free dough. i have been craving some good pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ's has the flour and you just add an egg or two/water depending on how much you want. good stuff!

    ReplyDelete