Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vicious Burger!

For this holiday weekend I wanted to try something a little out of the norm... I saw this burger sometime ago and then again on VO2 Maxxed, so I thought what the hell?! I started off buy just getting the basics: Ground sirloin, Sun dried tomatoes, and low fat crumbed blue cheese. I got the low fat just because the meat(90/10), and the EVOO in the tomatoes was plenty, any more and the "sliders" would just fall apart on the grill. I started by dicing the SDT (Kennedy loves her some fresh SDT)and added some salt and peppa'. After that it's very easy! In a Lrg mixing bowl I through everything in together and just combined all of the parts until they're all one with the force.

Let it begin...
Oh the humanity!!! (come on it's fun to play with your food!)


Once you've had all of the messy fun that you can stand, start forming the patties. I use the "tennis ball" scale for my unit of measurement... it's about 4-5oz per. Get a wad large enough to make a "tennis ball" sized ball and just do your thing, roll it, mash it, throw it on the counter whatever. If you do it right you should come out with about 7 patties(I had 5+ 1, 1/4 pounder). Wrap them in plastic wrap and chill in the ice box for at least an hour(or 2 beers time), heat the grill to get those great grill marks we all love to see and you're ready to get it on! I like to chuck this mound of heaven on a whole grain bun or if you please a low carb wrap. All you should need to dress up you burger date is some fresh veg's and maybe a little brown mustard(you don't want to kill the taste of something you worked so HARD on!). Again, Enjoy!
Vicious Burger!
Things you'll need:
2 pounds ground sirloin
1 jar/can/package of Sun dried tomatoes
1 package of Blue Cheese(doesn't need to be low fat)

Oh, I also whipped up some Red skin Garlic mash and made fried mash cakes instead of fries/chips... I'll get that one on the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment